AI War:Warp Counter Attack Guard Post
Warp Counter Attack Guard Posts
Warp Counter Attack GP are new in 4.0 as are many other specialized Guard Posts.Warp Counter Attack Guard Posts are possibly one of the most dangerous Guard Posts you will run into outside the AI Core Worlds. When this guard post or it's systems command station is destroyed it launches a 4x normal sized counter attack against a random human controlled system not protected by a warp-jammer command station. This includes your home system.
- Attacking ships appear in the lower right part of the target system - you have 14 min (beta 4.037 fixes the timer to 14 min. Prior releases you only have 1 min) to plan accordingly.
Q and A
Avoiding the Counter Attack Guard Post Retaliatory Wave
Q: How do I Avoid a Warp Counter Attack Guard Post Generated Wave?
A: Do not destroy the Warp Counter Attack Guard Post or it's Command Station.
Redirecting the Counter Attack Guard Post Retaliatory Wave Away From A High Value World
Q: How do I redirect an incoming a Warp Counter Attack Guard Post Generated Wave?
A: Warp Jammer Command Stations will protect the system they are built in from all incoming waves including Warp Counter Attack Guard Post generated ones.
- The "Warp Jammers" must be built before the wave is generated.
Defending Against the Counter Attack Guard Post Retaliatory Wave
Q: How do I Defend against a Warp Counter Attack Guard Post Generated Wave?
A: The incoming wave will appear in the lower right corner of the target system. It is impossible to give a perfect defense plan as the type of ships in the wave depends on your game/AI types/AI Progress etc. You have 14 minutes to prepare, and you chose when to start the timer by destroying the Counter Attack Guard Post or its command station.
Things to consider:
- Attack comes from the Lower Right of the target system - Build Command Station etc. to the top left (as far away as possible) if it makes sense for that system.
- Engine Killers - Spread the attack out using Spider turrets/units, Riot Starships, etc.
- Slow the attack down - Logistics Command Stations boost your ships speed and slow the enemy, Gravitational turrets slow the Enemy.
- Mobilize your fleet
- You have complete control over the creation of this attack - If you don't kill it, they will not come.