AI War 2: Dark Zenith
It looks like some powerful race has twisted a clan of Zenith into their agents. You can tell they once were Zenith, but now they only exist to destroy all other life in the galaxy. These Zenith are also eerily reminiscent of the Dark Spire. Any force powerful enough to bend both the Spire and Zenith to their own ends is to be feared!
During the game, the Dark Zenith can invade. This will create some new planets in the galaxy, populated by a very angry group of Zenith. Are you tired of implacable foes yet?
If you have both the Dark Spire and Dark Zenith enabled then your life will be even more exciting; all members of the Dark Alliance seek to destroy everything. This is intended to be the scariest minor faction in the game as of DLC2. It's intended to be able to fight the AI toe to toe (especially with Dark Spire allies)
- Have a really interesting economic engine in the game
- Add some unique AIW2 story elements with new alliances
- Provide an implacable enemy faction strong enough to make you and the AI work together to survive
The Dark Zenith begin with a large invasion force, but it uses a powerful economic engine to build more units. The DZ have several types of economic structures.
- Terminii are used to create new resources. The fundamental resource is Metal, which is harvested and stored at the Metal Terminus. Transports then move the Metal to other Terminii, which transform resources into more powerful resources. The resource types are Metal/White/Green/Blue/Red/Black.
- Epistyles take the resources produced by Terminii and build powerful units from it.
- Some Epistyles are piratic, and will hijack resources bound for other Epistyles.
This is a unique feature for the DZ. When the DZ homeworlds are attacked, they can unleash Jormugandr against the galaxy. When there aren't any any active attacks against the DZ homeworlds going on, the Jormugandr just wander around the homeworlds. Once a homeworld is attacked, the Jormugandr are free to demolish any attackers and then start rampaging through the galaxy for a few minutes, then it must retreat to the DZ homeworlds again. Each time the DZ homeworlds are attacked, the Jormugandr are unleashed for longer.