|This page is up to date for version 8.024 and should still be correct.|
Energy is a resource that is not gathered, stored and consumed but rather available and allowed to units. Energy generators increase the balance and most units decrease the balance.
Several buildings increase the energy balance:
- Energy collector produces 150,000 energy but is limited 1 per planet and per player.
- Matter Converter produces 50,000 energy but consume 200 metal each second.
- Economic Command Station produces energy depending on its mark level: 10,000, 75,000 and 150,000 for mark I to III.
- Home Command Station produces 30,000 energy.
- Cryogenic pod produces 400 energy but can't be built and are granted from start on each homeworld.
- Zenith Power Generator produces 600,000 energy but is very rare and must be captured or bought from the Zenith Traders.
- Gravity Drill produces 40,000 energy (and some metal) but is very rare and must be captured, and also affect gravity on its planet.
While it's impossible to build new units without enough energy, there is some ways for an energy balance to go below 0. The most common is the destruction of an energy producing unit. Also, there is some ways to capture power consuming units without building them, like blowing up a Zenith Reserve.
When an energy balance is between 0 and -30,000 the player is in "low power" state. No more units requiring energy can be built because there is no energy left, but things will continue to run normally.
Below -30,000 energy, a player is in "brown out" state. Most units can still move and attack, but:
- Force Fields are deactivated and protect nothing.
- Tractor Beam Turrets cease functioning.
- Fortresses can't repair, however they can still fire and move.
However, gravity turrets continue to provide their gravity field.