AI War:The Eye
AI Specific Unit - "The Eye"
- AI Eyes are a direct feed back to the AI core network: when player ships gang up on the AI overwhelmingly, alarms are tripped and higher-level AI ships come pouring out of the Eye, even if there are no other AI structures left in the system.
- The Eye is a self powered warp gate that generates units whenever the AI in that system is outnumbered by more than 2:1.
- It counts all non-minor-faction enemy units with guns, which would include stationary ones, but does not include scout ships, etc.
- Units generated by the Eye are whatever the AI Progress (AIP) current ship level (the number shown in [brackets] next to the AIP level) +1. So if your current AIP is generating Mk2 AI reinforcements, expect to see Mk3 units come from the Eye.
- AI Eye units are now seeded throughout the galaxy. Raider-type aggressive AIs use fewer of these, turtle-type AIs have one on pretty much every planet.
- They are never seeded next to a player home world.
- The new AI Eye emphasizes de-blobbing.
- "Blob-of-Death" is the practice of getting all your ships in giant blob and steamrolling over the AI.
Q: How do I deal with the AI Eye? The "Blob-of-Death" tactic doesn't work against them.
A: AI Eyes are a direct feed back to the AI core network: when player ships gang up on the AI overwhelmingly, alarms are tripped and higher-level AI ships come pouring out of the Eye. Either kill the Eye first, before bringing in your gigantic fleet, or just do guerrilla-style raids on planets with an Eye. Specifically, the AI Eyes make sure that your ships only ever outnumber the AI ships 2:1.