The Last Federation:Achievements Strategy Guide
'Achievements in The Last Federation can be sorted into a variety of groups which have general strategies to achieve them. 'pasted in XML code from game files, needs formatting
Difficulty based achievements
Note: Additional strategic difficulties (harder and nightmare) were added in 1.013 which may or may not have achievements yet.
Gaining a harder difficulty achievement gives all of the achievements from easier difficulties, so only winning the game on the very hardest difficulty settings is necessary to gain all achievements in this category.
- I Bumped Him And He Blew Up!: Win the game on "You Are So OP" Combat Difficulty.
- Excuse Me, Is This Your Shrapnel?: Win the game on "Easy" Combat Difficulty.
- Simple!? That!?: Win the game on "Normal" Combat Difficulty.
- Anything But Average: Win the game on "Hard" Combat Difficulty.
- Arnie Comes To Me For Tips: Win the game on "Harder" Combat Difficulty.
- Thought My Way Out Of That One!: Win the game on "Easy" Strategic Difficulty.
- Generalissimo Me: Win the game on "Normal" Strategic Difficulty.
- Bring The Brains: Win the game on "Hard" Strategic Difficulty.
Starting race based achievements
- Acutians: Capitalism, Ho!: Win a game started with the Acutians.
- Andors: Utopian Robots (That Seem Very Bored): Win a game started with the Andors.
- Burlusts: (Inarticulate Battle Cry)!!: Win a game started with the Burlusts.
- Boarines: Isolationist Pigs (No, Really): Win a game started with the Boarines.
- Evucks: Passive-Aggressive Telepaths Are At Least As Bad As They Sound: Win a game started with the Evucks.
- Peltians: The Commune Of Throwing Things: Win a game started with the Peltians.
- Skylaxians: Little Blue/Gray Men: Win a game started with the Skylaxians.
- Thoraxians: A Hivemind Of Nightmare Death Machines, What Could Go Wrong?: Win a game started with the Thoraxians.
Federation members based achievements
- Everyone's... Still Here??: Win the game with all 8 races in the Federation.
- Good Guys Occasionally Win: Win the game with only the Skylaxians, Andors, and Peltians in the Federation.
- Look On Your Creation And Despair: Win the game with only the Acutians, Burlusts, and Thoraxians in the Federation.
- Acutian Capitalism Wins Out: Win the game with only the Acutians still alive.
- Andor Pacifism Works!: Win the game with only the Andors still alive.
- Since the Andors never take planets, the only likely way to get this one is with the Evucks as the 2nd to last race and get them to ignite a gas giant to cause their own destruction. Leaving the Andors as the only race alive.
- Now Get Off My Property: Win the game with only the Boarines still alive.
- Don't Let That Stop The Fighting: Win the game with only the Burlusts still alive.
- It's Always The Sneaky Ones...: Win the game with only the Evucks still alive.
- I Guess Barn Owls Are Pretty Cool: Win the game with only the Peltians still alive.
- The Honor Code: Win the game with only the Skylaxians still alive.
- The End Of All Things: Win the game with only the Thoraxians still alive.
Alliance based achievements
Note: The alliance must form, and then be destroyed (except pirate empire) in order to win.
- It Went To Their Heads: Win a game after the Trifecta Of Superiority has formed.
- Bug Spray: Win a game after the Thoraxian Protectorate has formed.
- Wrong Union: Win a game after the Union Of Independent States has formed.
- Do I Look Scared?: Win a game after a Fear Empire has formed.
- Axed Pact: Win a game after the Solar Axis Pact has formed.
- Chose The Wrong Side: Win a game with at least two races having left the Federation to join The Betrayed.
- There's No Stopping Piracy: Win the game while a Pirate Empire still exists.
Influence and actions based achievements
- Our Beloved Leader: Win the game while having more than 0 influence over every living race.
- But We Listen To You Anyway: Win the game while having less than 0 influence over every living race.
- See The Violence Inherent In The... Wait, What?: Win a game without ever doing any contracts or political deals to suppress the Anti-Federation Alliance.
- No Backseat Driving: Win a game without ever doing any Planetary Advice contracts on any planet.
- Man, Er, Hydral Of Its Word(s?): Win a game without ever failing a contract.
- Does Not Play Well With Others: Win a game without doing any Friendly Actions.
Achievements earned over multiple games
- Advance In Retrograde!: By your own actions, scare 10,000 ships into trying to run away (across any number of games).
- Planet Cracking!: Win the game with no more than 4 planets still intact.
- Two main ways to destroy planets: Evuck gas giant ignition, and Acutian planet-cracker.
- All The Marbles Are Mine: Win the game while holding at least one space outpost, and no other races holding any.
- Hypochondria?: Have at least 8 distinct diseases occur in one game.
- The Code Duello: Defeat four Burlust Warlords in duels in one game.
- Put Down That Match: Prevent the Evucks from igniting a gas giant, after they start the countdown.
- Simplicity: Win a game without unlocking any additional Hydral Technology.
- Prometheus: Win a game after bringing spacefaring technology to 7 planets.
- Planetcracker!: Win a game after launching a Planetcracker with the Acutians (and thus having everyone else hate you).
- ... RRRR?: Win a game in which no pirate bases were destroyed.
- Now, Now, Remember To Share: Win a game with no planets ever changing hands between races.
- Valuable Learning Experience: Die in battle, thus losing the game. Every story's different, give it another try!
- Permadeath was made optional in 1.003 meaning this might only be achievable if the permadeath option is switched to "on"